Return to site

UPDATE: Paid media

The state of paying for news

The problem:
Publishers pushing to get more and more views, and they’re getting less and less monetization from the advertising. Leaves publishers now scrambling to create paid digital circulation.

The solution:
More focus on paid, and a continued movement away from advertising focused monetization strategies. Some will be slow learners.

Google and Facebook claimed 89% of ALL digital ad revenue together in 2016, according to Interactive Advertising Bureau data, leaving just 11 percent (scraps) for the rest.

All Posts
×

Almost done…

We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!

OK